Part of the Cheyney group of companies, Sapphire Inspection Systems is a dynamic technology and manufacturing business based near Royston, Hertfordshire.
Sapphire designs systems, modules and software for automatic in process and end of line x-ray inspection. These are sold globally to major food, pharmaceutical and process equipment suppliers. The resources include software, electronic design, logic array development, mechanical design and documentation.
We are looking for a Hardware Engineer to design, assemble and program a wide range of electronics for the production and detection of x-rays.
As an early member of a growing team, this role offers great opportunity for career growth and personal progression.
Main job responsibilities and duties:
- Working in our R&D team with experienced engineers, you will help plan, produce and implement a range of firmware and software systems. Additionally you will work to fault find electronics and define and design required revisions. With a constantly evolving product, you will be part of the team to develop our next generation of products.
- Measuring performance and creating reports.
- Problem solving as part of a team.
- Assessing project requirements.
- Testing, evaluating, modifying and re-testing solutions.
- Presenting solutions to customers and stakeholders.
- Analysing and interpreting data.
- Ensuring end to end overview of project is managed and maintained.
- Working alongside the CTO on special development projects.
Qualifications and Skills:
Degree in a relevant subject to electrical engineering.
- Problem solving-skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- The ability to work independently as well as with a variety of teams.
- Image processing experience would be useful, but not vital.
You will be based at our Head Office in Litlington.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org