Part of the Cheyney group of companies, Sapphire Inspection Systems is a dynamic technology and manufacturing business based near Royston, Hertfordshire.
Sapphire designs systems, modules and software for automatic in process and end of line x-ray Inspection. These are sold globally to major food, pharmaceutical and process equipment suppliers. The resources include software, electronic design, logic array development, mechanical design and documentation.
With a good product range and strong market opportunities, the company is now structuring itself for rapid growth. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Financial Controller will oversee the finance team and develop procedures and process to ensure strong controls are in place.
Managing the finance function to maintain effective and robust controls and processes.
- Providing clear and meaningful financial analysis and advice to the CEO to support management decision making
- Reviewing and presenting monthly management accounts for the group companies
- Preparing annual financial budgets for board approval including: profit and loss; balance sheet; and cash flow
- Maintaining a rolling cash forecast
- Developing processes and procedures to ensure strong controls are in place, working closely with business leads to establish control integrity across all areas.
- Ensuring accurate accounting for stock and implementing appropriate stock controls
- Working closely with and supporting the Management Team to drive business growth.
- Lead an ERP systems implementation (from a Finance perspective) in 2019
- Preparing information for annual accounts and tax computations
- Simplifying the number of legal entities and structure of the group
- Implementing financial KPI
- Support fundraising and communications with shareholders
- Maintain shareholder registers
- Submit all statutory returns to HMRC and Companies House on a timely basis
- Supervising the finance team
- ACA, ACMA or ACCA qualified
- A strong track record of preparing, reviewing and auditing management accounts
- Practical experience of working capital and cash flow management
- Ability to prepare detailed balance sheet and cash flow forecasts
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience of implementing processes and controls
- Experience of working within a commercial technology/manufacturing environment is preferred
- Experience of working in a start-up or SME environment is desirable
- Experience of ERP systems
You will be based at our Head Office near Royston, Hertfordshire.
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org